- Structural editing — the big picture to determine whether the language, content, structure and presentation are appropriate for your goals and your readers’ expectations.
- Copy editing — improving and correcting each sentence, looking at accuracy, consistency, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Proofreading — checking your document for typographical errors, and correct layout and formatting, to ensure it’s ready to publish.
I offer these services for the following types of documents and publications:
- Books (including eBooks)
- Case studies
- Business plans
- Business award submissions
- Speeches and presentations
- Sales letters and emails.
I have expertise in Australian and American spelling and usage, and use the latest style guides for Australia (Style manual – For authors, editors and printers) and the United States (The Chicago Manual of Style). I can also can create a style guide specifically for your company.